vQmod is required by most of our OpenCart extensions. To check if your vQmod is working, perform the following steps:
- Check vQmod version (minimum version 2.5.0 for OpenCart 2)
- Check if vqmod/vqcache/ folder exists
- Check if there are files in your vqmod/vqcache/ folder
- Delete all files in your vqmod/vqcache/ folder
- Refresh your web page on the browser
- Check if cache files are generated again
If cache files are not automatically generated, your vQmod might not be working.
Always remember to reinstall your vQmod if you have just upgraded your OpenCart.
Common Issues and Solutions
vQmod is not installed
Proceed to download vQmod from http://www.vqmod.com and install it.
vQmod version is not compatible with your OpenCart version
If you are using OpenCart 18.104.22.168 and below, ensure your vQmod is at least version 2.5.0.
If you are using OpenCart 22.214.171.124 and above, ensure your vQmod is at least version 2.6.0.
Download the latest version of vQmod and install it onto your website if your version is incompatible.
vQmod folder not writable
Ensure that the vqmod/ and vqmod/vqcache/ folder is writable, and the vqmod/xml/ folder is readable.
vQmod main XML file is missing (xml/vqmod_opencart.xml)
Reinstall vQmod by downloading the latest version and install it again.
vQmod cache was not cleared after moving installation
Delete mod.cache and checked.cache files in your vqmod folder.